The Old Gym, 1921-2007
A Last Look at an Institution

Posted May 18, 2007
Photo courtesy of Wilson Library Archives
View of the Old Gym and Miller Hall in the 1920s. Opened in 1918, Miller was first a residence hall.

Kelly Rivas
The same view of the Old Gym and Miller Hall from behind Davenport. Davenport was not completed till 1958.

Kelly Rivas
A look down Second Street includes the Old Gym and the Wilson Library. Second Street now consists of parking spaces and sidewalks. The Wilson Library opened in 1982.

Photo courtesy of Wilson Library Archives
A view down Second Street when it was still a dirt road.

Photo courtesy of Wilson Library Archives
The Old Gym was the main gymnasium until the Supertents were built in 1973. Athletics classes, sporting events and even folk dances were held in the Old Gym.

Kelly Rivas
Now only aerobics classes and intramural activities are held in the Old Gym.

Kelly Rivas
The shower and locker room unit was placed in front of the Old Gym in 1963.

Photo courtesy of Wilson Library Archives
The Old Gym will be torn down over the summer. Groundbreaking for the new Campus Center is scheduled for Homecoming 2007.

 

A turn for the worse?

Tree planting honors lost LV heroes

Sociology awards honor students

Ruhl put on admin. leave

Campus media get new leaders

The Old Gym, 1921-2007:
A Last Look at an Institution

Faculty, staff honored for service

LV student media win big

Panelists at Claremont talk science

Diversity takes prize

News Briefs

Web Exclusives
News
Opinions
LV Life
Arts, etc.
Sports
Staff
Advertising
Search Archives
Best of CT
Awards
ULV Comm Dept.
ULV Home
ULV Home